Okay you’ve rooted your Kindle, added tons of new stuff. But you end up bowing to the default wallpapers of the KF every time you wake up your Kindle. Not good. You want to retain your wallpaper you set last time and don’t want your KF to change it when the screen goes off. Its easy to retain your settings.
You will need:
- Rooted Kindle Fire. Learn how to root our Kindle Fire here.
- Root Explorer App or any other explorer app like ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager etc. Any explorer which will let you mount your folder as a read/write will work.
- If you have rooted using Kindle Fire Utility, then you would also probably have the Go Launcher EX now. Its not really necessary, but it will be good to have this so you can install Live Wallpapers. Yay!
This is what we are going to do.
- We are going to set up a wallpaper (not live wallpaper) and this wallpaper will stick on the apps background. After the change to the folder, this wallpaper cannot be changed. If you want to change it, you need to undo the permissions change we do, then change the wallpaper, and revert the folder permissions. But good news follows; You can set up live wallpaper for your KF Home and KF Lock screen. You can do this using the Go Launcher EX.
- Now here is what you actually need to do.
- Using Root Explorer navigate to this folder.
- Press and hold the wallpaper item.
- Select Permissions on the pop-up.
- Uncheck the boxes for Write.
For easier access, you can bookmark this folder or create a favorite for shortcut access.
Now set up your wallpaper for Home and Lock Screen, and they wont change until you change them. Have fun!
Disclaimer: I’m not responsible for anything that happens to any device after following my posts. They work for me, and that’s what I’m sharing.